Monday, August 20, 2007

#12: On the Run - August 20, 2007

By Ross Forman

    For years while playing hockey and baseball, I wore uniform No. 12.
 
    I never thought I'd run 12 miles.
 
    But I did, without pain or problems.
 
    I did the 12-mile journey August 18 along the lakefront in Chicago.
 
    I'll be doing 14 miles this upcoming Saturday, then dropping down to eight miles on Sept.1 for a recovery run.
 
    Gosh, now, eight miles sounds and seems so easy.
 
    Well, maybe I shouldn't say that just yet.
 
    My marathon training is part of the National AIDS Marathon Training Program (NAMTP), to raise funds for the AIDS Foundation of Chicago. Would you please consider sponsoring your favorite writing-runner and help the AIDS Foundation of Chicago in the process?  Please go to my website (www.firstgiving.com/rossruns) while I run to Florence, Italy.  Thanks,
 
Ross

    Ross Forman can be reached at: Rossco814@aol.com

No comments: